Power Grid ENGINEER TRAINEE Recruitment through GATE-2023
POWERGRID, a Maharatna Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Power, Govt. of India and one of the largest Transmission Utilities in the World, is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, co-ordination, supervision and control over complete Inter-State Transmission System.
To take the growth curve to further heights, POWERGRID is looking for Bright, Committed and Energetic engineering graduates to join its fold as ENGINEER TRAINEEs tentatively in the disciplines of Electrical / Electronics / Civil / Computer Science through GATE 2023.
Such graduates who are desirous of pursuing further studies on the basis of GATE 2023 or need extension of joining time in case of selection need not apply.
Details of number of vacancies and reservation shall be indicated in the notification to be published on our website before commencement of Online Registration. However, reservation shall be provided to OBC(NCL)/EWS/SC/ST/PwD candidates depending on the number of vacancies and as per Govt. of India Directives.
Power Grid ENGINEER TRAINEE-2023 in Electrical/Electronics/Civil/Computer Science disciplines through GATE-2023 (Advt. No. CC /06/2022 dtd. 09.09.2022) notifications details are here
Important Online Application Dates for Power Grid ENGINEER TRAINEE Recruitment through GATE-2023
|Commencement of Online Submission of Application to POWERGRID (Tentative)||16th January 2023|
|Last date for Online submission of Application to POWERGRID||18th February 2023|
|Interview Date||Visit the Website|
|Admit Card||Visit the Website|
Age Limit for Power Grid ENGINEER TRAINEE Recruitment through GATE-2023
- Minimum Age – 18 years
- Maximum Age – 28 years as on 31.12.2022
- Age Relaxation will be provided by the rules and regulations as per Govt. of India Directives.
Application Fee for Power Grid ENGINEER TRAINEE Recruitment through GATE-2023
- General / OBC / EWS – Rs 500 /-
- SC/ST/PwD/ Ex-SM/ Departmental candidates – Rs 0 /-
- Application fee is paid through online mode only
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for Power Grid ENGINEER TRAINEE Recruitment through GATE-2023
Candidate should have appeared in the corresponding paper of GATE 2023 as shown in the following table and Qualified in the same. The qualifying marks shall be as declared by GATE 2023 Organizing Body.
|Post||Corresponding GATE 2023 Paper||Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) with minimum 60% or Equivalent from recognized University/ Institute|
|Engineer Trainee (Electrical)||EE||Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems Engineering/ Power Engineering (Electrical)|
|Engineer Trainee (Electronics)||EC||Electronics / Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Telecommunication/ Electronics & Electrical Communication / Telecommunication Engg.|
|Engineer Trainee (Civil)||CE||Civil Engineering|
|Engineer Trainee (Computer Science)||CS||Computer Science/ Computer Engg./ Information Technology|
- Final Year / Semester students who expect their final results by 14.08.2023 are also eligible to apply, provided they have obtained minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to pre-final examination. In case of selection, their candidature shall be subject to their securing minimum 60% marks in essential qualification.
- Such candidates need to mention their marks up to pre-final examination while filling up the online application form for POWERGRID
SELECTION PROCESS for Power Grid ENGINEER TRAINEE Recruitment through GATE-2023
- The Selection Process consists of marks obtained (out of 100) in the corresponding paper of GATE 2023, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
- Eligible candidates will have to appear for the corresponding paper of GATE 2023, i.e. Electrical Engineering (EE) / Electronics and Communication (EC) / Civil Engineering (CE)/ Computer Science Engineering (CS).
- Candidates qualified in corresponding paper of GATE 2023 shall only be eligible to be considered for the next stage of selection. Qualifying marks in GATE 2023 shall be as decided by GATE 2023 conducting authority.
- Qualified candidates shall be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion & Personal Interview based on their normalized marks out of 100in GATE 2023, in the corresponding paper.
- Candidates shall have the option of appearing in the GD/Interview in Hindi or English.
- Candidates shall obtain information about their status through their login at the POWERGRID Online Application System. Shortlisted candidates shall be able to download their interview call letter and other relevant documents through the candidate login.
- Candidates shortlisted for the Group Discussion and Interview shall be required to bring the documents as mentioned in their interview call letter.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTRATION/ APPLICATION for Power Grid ENGINEER TRAINEE Recruitment through GATE-2023
- Candidates have to register themselves and appear for the corresponding paper of GATE 2023.
- A separate notification with details regarding number of vacancies, reservation, important instructions regarding submission of POWERGRID online application, date of interview etc. shall be hosted on our website, from 10th January 2023 (Tentative).
- Application window for POWERGRID shall be open from 16th Jan 2023 to 18th Feb 2023 (Tentative). Candidates have to register themselves online with details of their GATE 2023 application No. GATE 2023 Registration Number and other required information, which will be made available at CAREER section.
- SC/ST/PwD/ Ex-SM/ Departmental candidates are exempted from payment of application fees. You are required to login to your candidate login section and then deposit non-refundable application fees of Rs. 500/-through online mode only. On submission of application fees, your application process will be treated as complete.
- Candidates will be required to retain their GATE 2023 Admit card and GATE 2023 Score card for verification at the time of GD/ Interview /pre-employment medical examination/ Joining in POWERGRID.